Friday, July 17, 2009

Keep it clean... Nico speaks out about hygiene


There is nothing I enjoy more than keeping myself clean and neat. This is pretty amazing when you consider that I lived in Brooklyn with two young ladies, my first mom and my second mom, and to put it nicely, the place was euh--- euh--- ummmm---shall I say ---uniquely maintained. VoilĂ  le mot juste!

Here you see me grooming myself, which is something I do whenever I get the urge. I'd have to say that I lap at myself constantly, except for when I'm sleeping. If I get bored, I lick myself. If someone touches me and ruffles my fur, I groom myself. If the dog brushes by me, licking is the solution. If I've just used the facilities, I clean myself again. I would compare it to a human who might eat potato chips out of boredom. It's hard to stop! Maybe I'm OCDC? Nah, just kidding!
You should see how much spit I can transfer from my tongue to my paw! 50% of my waking time is devoted to cleaning and grooming myself. I like to concentrate on my white fur, which is immaculate, if I do say so myself. Actually someone who was visiting me recently exclaimed over my handsome features and blindingly white fur. Well, maybe she didn't exactly say "blindingly," but she did think it was exceptionally bright white. I maintain my exceptional self with just my own saliva, no special brightening or whitening like you humans sometimes have to do to your ugly, rectangular teeth. That's something I've always wondered about... how do you eat with those things? I love my sharp, pointed fangs. I'd look rather strange with choppers like yours. Ugh!

Thought for the day: With the qualities of cleanliness, affection, patience, dignity, and courage that cats have, how many of us, I ask you, would be capable of becoming cats? - Fernand Mery

No comments:

Post a Comment