Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Freedom... almost!

To all my avid followers,

I want to announce that after several days of poking and pushing at the screen on the slider door that looks out onto the deck of my luxurious home, I have managed to tear away the screening! I have been planning my escape for months, ever since Spring arrived.

Whenever the humans with whom I reside happen to leave me to my own devices, while the slider door reveals the screen, I take the opportunity to stand on my hind legs and stretch my long (and I must say, beautiful) body by putting up my paws and leaning into the screen. At first, nothing happened, but then I noticed it... the gateway to freedom... a small space between the frame of the door and the screen!

Although I was shooed away, which, by the way, is so darned insulting, I managed to sneak back and do it again and again and again. I am nothing if not sneaky! In fact, my keepers call me "Sneaky Neeky." By the time I was through, I had torn away an eight-inch area of the screen.

Unfortunately, I was caught. My human mom was sunning herself on the deck when I actually broke through by creating a flap through which I was able to pass. It was hyper-cool! I just pranced through the opening and walked out onto the deck, sniffing at the flowers that have been beckoning to me through the screen.

The scent of the flowers was too much for me. I got so excited that I jumped up onto my mom's lap, startling her. The dolt hadn't noticed that I had escaped until I blew it. She picked me up, brought me back inside, and closed the slider door, preventing me from getting to the screen. Foiled! But that's just temporary. I'm going to do it again as soon as I get the chance.

I'm going to keep working until I attain my goal. For all of you out there who may have goals and dreams, I suggest that you follow my way of thinking. Here goes: "Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success." As Andrew Carnegie said, "If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes."

I think I'll ponder that while I lie on the couch and lick myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment